The Most Comprehensive Network Assessment
In today’s world, your business relies on your data network. If your network is unreliable, or is performing poorly, your business may be severely impacted. If you believe you have network issues impeding your business productivity, our s can help.
Our services provide network assessment services to help you identify the root causes for the network issues you are experiencing. Our network assessment offering draws upon the technical skills and experience of our services to provide you with a clear picture of your current network, along with a comprehensive set of tactical and strategic steps to improve the operation of your network.
Network Assessment Scope
Our network assessment offering is designed to take a comprehensive look at your network. A network assessment will typically cover the following areas:
• Physical connectivity (fiber and copper)
• Overall logical network design, VLAN design and IP addressing
• Router and switch configurations
• Design for redundancy
• Internet connectivity and firewall configuration
• Microsoft server network settings, including DHCP, DNS, WINS
• Wide-area network design
A network assessment can be expanded to include a study of other elements of your network, such as your wireless network or your VPN remote access capabilities. It can also be extended to delve deeper into issues relating to the Microsoft elements of your network, such as Active Directory design and Exchange Server configuration. Or, you can have us focus on a specific aspect of your network. In short, a network assessment can be tailored to meet your specific requirements.
Network Assessment Methodology
Our Services uses a proven methodology for network assessments. The steps for a typical network assessment include:
• Kickoff meeting to review client objectives
• Gather background information, such as remote site locations, existing network documentation, etc.
• Review overall network switching design, including VLAN design, IP addressing, spanning-tree configuration, and overall network topology
• Review wide-area network design, including router configurations, link bandwidth, and network monitoring
• Review condition of wiring closets at the headquarters location and selected remote sites, noting condition of network wiring and racks, and type of network equipment installed
• Review network settings for key servers, including IP settings, DHCP settings, route statements and DNS
• Network sniffer monitoring for excessive broadcasts and other issues
• Assess the current connection to the public Internet, including firewall configuration, network access policies, DMZ design, and approach to email and web content filtering
• Prepare a final report
Detailed Reporting and Recommendations
You will be provided with a final report that includes an executive summary, a list of all data-gathering activities, a discussion of network issues found during the study, tactical network recommendations, and strategic network recommendations. The network recommendations will be clear, targeted to address your specific network issues, and actionable. Your final report will provide you with a straight-forward roadmap for improving network performance and reliability.
Create Specialized Reports, IT SWOT Analysis & More
- Create IT Checklists to ensure your techs follow your standard IT assessment procedures
- Create Site Interviews with questions to remember to ask your client or prospect during the IT Assessment
- Create Network Surveys of items to manually check or inspect to supplement your automated assessment
- Generate a professional IT SWOT analysis from the information you gather during the assessment
- Survey and Interview data including pictures, notes, client comments, and more get automatically populated into appropriate sections of various reports.
Client Risk Report
The report presents your client with a summary of their overall risk score based on your scan, along with simple charts to show the problem areas. Each problem area represents an opportunity for you to present a proposed solution and pitch your services.
Network Management Plan
This report will help prioritize issues based on the issues risk score. A listing of all affected computers, users, or sub-systems are provided along with recommended actions.
Full Detail Report
The Full Network Assessment Report includes every detail, presented in line-item fashion in an editable report document. The report is organized by section with a table of contents to help you locate the specific findings of interest, and problem areas are conveniently highlighted in red, making it easy to spot individual problems to be rectified.
Network Assessment PowerPoint
Utilize the PowerPoint presentation as a basis for conducting a meeting presenting your findings from the Network Detective. General summary information along with the risk and issue score are presented along with specific issue recommendations and next steps.
A site diagram breaks down and categorizes all of the assets available on the network. The schematic shows the basic network structure, with convenient drill downs into each group of like workstations. Each device is annotated with important identifying configuration information and is color-coded based on its status.
Asset Detail Report
This report provides detailed information on each of the individual assets discovered by Network Detective for each network scan. The report is ideal for cataloging and documenting the complete settings and configurations for individual workstations and servers.
Full Detail Change Report
Every time you run an assessment on a given network, the software generates a unique encrypted data file containing all the findings. Network Detective allows you to generate a report that compares the results of any two network scans, and highlights everything that has changed.
Excel Analysis Export/Report
Output all of the assets and configurations uncovered by the scan and export it into an Excel file format. Once in Excel, you’ll be able to take the data and import it into your favorite Service Desk or PSA system, or simply create your own custom sorts, analyses, reports and graphs inside of Excel.
Quarterly Business Review Report
This report compares one time period to a previous one forming the basis for a Quarterly Business Review meeting. It highlights changes rather than detailed data and shows overall trending. Use this report to encourage “face-to-face” meetings and improve stickiness with your customers.
Response Reports can be generated from any InForm form. These reports allow you to present data entered into InForm from the pre-built forms or from your own forms.
IT SWOT Analysis
Embellish your IT assessments with site photos, policies, and additional information you collect from client interviews & on-site inspections. Use the Network Detective In-Form tool to create IT checklists, questionnaires, and IT SWOT Analysis.
BDR Needs Analysis Report
This report presents an analysis of the Backup/Disaster Recovery needs for an environment and includes discovered information regarding the storage needs of an environment and analysis of both onsite and offsite backup requirements.
PowerPoint slide deck for use in presenting your finding from the BDR Needs Analysis with your client.